3 May 2009

An Imperial Journey.

As was well appreciated by my imperial Roman forefathers, there are times when an emperor is compelled to travel from the centre of his administration to survey the extent of his domains and meet with his most loyal subjects in the provinces.

That fact was well understood by previous rulers such as Caligula, Claudius and Nero who all took formal jaunts to the provinces and even fringes of empire; travelling with their imperial retinues to meet the troops and letting the people see their divine ruler. Well, its only fair on the people.

With this in mind, I have made the decision to make such a journey back to where it all began to the spiritual and political home of my Latin ancestors. All roads lead to Roma as they say and I have phoned the imperial travel agent and booked my ticket - I'm traveling patrician class!

My retinue is small and my means are modest, but I look forward to re-visiting the historical foundations of my Roman heritage. The seven hills of Roma beckon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings from the Emperor.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Colinus