2 May 2009

In Defence of Seagulls

I'm shocked to have learned in my adult life that many people -including people I know - do not like seagulls!


Indeed many do not like them at all and even harbour something of an irrational hatred towards them - especially the really big scary looking ones. You know, the massive ones that smoke and hang outside the amusement arcades with their big combat-boots.

Anyway, I'd just like to offer a note in defence of seagulls. I really do not mind them. Indeed, I actually quite like them.

I asked my Mum why she hated seagulls and she said, "... its because they are nasty birds ... and she felt she had been bullied by them."


I mean honestly, who has ever been bullied by a seagull! That's just embarrassing. I don't even think they're were any seagulls at my Mum's old School - it was well in-land and surely the teachers would not have stood for it. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings from the Emperor.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Colinus