20 May 2009

The Adventures of Pliny and Me

I am not sure what the man himself would make of it, but its true to say that Pliny The Younger has been traveling faithfully with me in Australia for these past few weeks.

He's a stolid and moderate companion, but if you know how to read him, Pliny is full of re-assuring wisdom and at times is even pretty amusing.


The sun is fierce out here - even in winter - so I have had to insist that Pliny wears plenty of sun-cream.

Its just a bit embarrassing when Pliny insists on ordering fruity cocktails! Believe me, some of the backwater towns I've been in recently are definitely NOT cocktail towns!

[The picture above was taken in a bar that had proper saloon doors for goodness sake! We were lucky not to end up on the news!]
Still, I think Pliny has been enjoying himself - at least he's been getting out the house a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings from the Emperor.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Colinus