11 January 2012

Building The Imperial Legacy

"Rome was not built in a day"

 And neither, let me tell you, was my Mum's garage!

-----

It is incumbent on every emperor  to bestow a physical legacy for the betterment and benefit of mankind; as well of course as to ensure the mark and glorification of their own magnificent reign.

Great baths, theatres, fora and aqueducts dominate the ancient world and still endure to perpetuate the memory of our imperial ancestors.


Indeed, it can be one of the pressures of being an emperor, to know that one must build .... and it is a pressure that I have not been immune from.  The last two summers have seen the emperor building his own modest legacy.

[Video of Great Garage Build, Kinross 2011. Click to Play]

So in my own modest way, I can now somewhat relax.  At least until next Summer, when ramping and landscaping will follow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings from the Emperor.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Colinus