21 April 2009

As if to prove my point ...

It is perhaps a universal truth that once you notice something for the very first time - no matter how revelationary - you thereafter start to see evidence of that very thing all around you in everyday life.

It is this slightly mocking phenomenon that can lead one into asking the question: "... just how did I not notice that before?"

Indeed, barely one week after posting my piece on 'Jigsaws from Charity Shops - Sheesh!' [12/04/09], I was confronted with the following distressing scene outside my local high street thrift-shop.


Could I really not have known that my beloved jigsaw might not have been fully complete? Oh, how I am mocked!


If there is any consolation to be had at all, then it is at least that the next person who will get this [pictured] jigsaw, will at least have a set that is even less complete than the one I got - poor soul! I'll keep an eye out for their blog ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings from the Emperor.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Colinus